Grisly murder-suicide found

first_imgTwo pickup trucks and a burgundy Toyota Corolla were parked on the driveway Tuesday afternoon. Several people who arrived in two vehicles went inside the house but declined comment. Guillermina Neri, who showed up later with a friend, said she was among eight people who live in the house. She has lived there for two months. She thought she was awakened by a house alarm Tuesday. She said it sounded like something electrical. She also heard a “low screaming.” Police arrived and told her not to come out of her room. The mother was a respectful woman who always said hello, Neri said. She worked a house cleaner. “She was a very nice person,” Neri said. Neri never noticed any problems between the mother and son. She said she rarely saw the son during the day, and when she did he would wear a jacket with a hood hiding his face. “He used to come out at night,” Neri said through a translator. The mother always said the son was sick and very shy, Neri said. Neighbors, who describe their street as quiet, did not know much about the victims. They said the people who live at the house have lived there for three years. Paula Sanchez, who lives across the street, said she had waved at the victims occasionally. “The cop asked me if I heard any noise,” she said. “I told the cop I wanted to know what happened because I live here.” Police told her two people were dead at the house, but offered few details. Ray Sanchez, who lives two doors down, also said he didn’t see or hear anything. “People are crazy to do that,” he said. “You must be out of your mind to kill your mother. She’s the one who gave you life.” at 5:41a.m. [email protected] (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3026160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “He used a circular saw on her and turned the weapon on himself,” Knapp said. The saw was discovered beside the man on the bed. The man and woman, subsequently identified as 60-year-old Guadalupe Ruiz and 32-year-old Arthur Ruiz Jr., had rented a room in the home, Cpl. Tim Smith said. La Habra police said the motive of the apparent murder-suicide was unknown. The man who made the 9-1-1 call, said the lady had rented a room at the house for about two months. He declined to give his name. LA HABRA – A man decapitated his mother with a circular saw Tuesday then used it to kill himself, authorities said. Officers responding to a 9-1-1 call about a family disturbance in the 700 block of East Pinehurst Ave., found the bodies in one of the bedrooms “The door was closed. The officers had to break down the door,” according to police spokeswoman Cindy Knapp. Knapp said the woman’s body was lying on one of the beds. She had been decapitated. The man’s body was on an adjacent bed, and he had suffered severe trauma to his neck. last_img