TIRANA, Albania (AP) — Conservationist groups are urging the Albanian government to rescind a decision to build a airport they say would seriously damage the country’s western wetlands. A coalition of 37 Albanian and international organizations on Tuesday said the construction of the airport near the protected area of Vjose-Narte ”would irreversibly damage its eco-system sheltering many birds.” The government has launched an international tender to build the 86 million euro ($104 million) airport in Vlora, 140 kilometers (90 miles) southwest of the capital Tirana.
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr In a blistering broadside against regulated industries, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said powerful special interests have co-opted the regulatory process and are able to convince regulators to shape rules in their favor.“Thanks to corporate influence, the rulemaking process often becomes the place where strong, clear laws go to die,” Warren told the audience of a Regulatory Capture Forum sponsored by the Administrative Conference of the United States in Washington Thursday. continue reading »
HUT: Three additional types of measures for vulnerable business people in tourism Photo: HUT The Croatian Tourism Association welcomes today’s decision of the Croatian Employment Service approving the payment of HRK 3.250 per worker for a maximum period of the next 3 months in activities affected by coronavirus, they point out in a statement from HUT. Exemption, not just postponement of payment of fiscal and parafiscal levies for vulnerable businessmen in tourism at all levels of government until 01.07.2021. (at least 50%);Significant reduction of taxes, especially VAT, for which we propose a reduction to 5% by July 01.07.2021, XNUMX;Non-refundable financial assistance for vulnerable businessmen in tourism to the extent that will enable the retention of employees and the necessary level of economic activities for the preparation and conduct of this and next tourist year. So from HUT they suggest additional ones three types of measures: from lowering VAT to 5% to exemption, not deferral, of fiscal and parafiscal levies. “Fully aware of the current situation and bearing in mind that it is not realistic to expect a rapid return of tourist traffic, and wanting to keep employees and economic activity, we call for the rapid adoption of three additional types of measures”Points out Veljko Ostojić, director of HUT, and adds that they want everyone to get out of this situation as soon as possible. They also welcome the previous decisions of the Government of the Republic of Croatia which go in the direction of preserving jobs and liquidity of companies in vulnerable sectors of the economy, but believe that they are not enough, and propose additional measures for vulnerable businessmen in tourism.
Alphabet Inc borrowed US$10 billion in the investment-grade corporate debt market on Monday, the Google parent’s largest ever bond issue, which it secured at its lowest-ever cost of financing.Of the $10 billion on offer, the $1 billion five-year tranche was issued at a coupon of 0.45 percent, the lowest coupon seen at that maturity since Apple Inc issued a $1.5 billion five-year note at 0.45 percent in 2013.Investor appetite was fierce for the tech giant’s six-part bond, as low interest rates and corporate bond buying from the Federal Reserve continues to support issuance. The deal garnered more than $31 billion in demand, according to Refinitiv IFR. Previously, Alphabet’s lowest coupon was 1.25 percent on a $1 billion May 2014 note. “We’re at a stage where these extremely high-quality issuers – of which Alphabet is one – are going to price very very tight. That’s because there are a lot of buyers who need short-term, don’t-need-to-think-about-it money. You’re getting two times the yield on the five-year Treasury,” said Tom Graff, head of fixed income at Brown Advisory.Last week Alphabet reported its first quarterly sales drop in its 16 years as a public company. Its share price was largely unmoved however, as the loss in sales was offset by a recovery in Google’s ads business.“There is a very narrow set of companies that were already super high quality, that are not impacted by this recession we’re going through right now. And Google is one of them,” said Graff.Alphabet’s five-year tranche priced just higher than Amazon.com’s 0.40 percent three-year note issued in June, among the lowest corporate coupons ever recorded. Alphabet’s 0.45 percent five-year tranche was however cheaper than Amazon’s June 2020 offering at the same maturity, which priced at 0.80 percent.Of the $10 billion offered, $4.5 billion from the seven-, 20- and 40-year tranches will be used for general corporate purposes, including acquisitions. The remaining $5.5 billion will be used for green initiatives, the company said, the largest-ever issue of corporate debt for environment, social and governance endeavors.Topics :
LNG World News Staff Image courtesy of Hazira LNGIndia’s imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) dropped almost 10 percent in June on a yearly basis, according to the latest data from oil ministry’s Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC).India imported 1.76 billion cubic meters of LNG or about 1.32 million mt last month. The costs of these imports were at $0.5 billion, the PPAC data shows.The country’s LNG imports fell for the second straight month after posting a decline of 9.6 percent in May.On the other side, domestic natural gas production continued to rise in June. India’s natural gas production increased slightly more than 6 percent to 2.75 Bcm, PPAC said.India has boosted its use of the chilled fuel since the beginning of last year on the back of lower prices after the country’s largest importer, Petronet LNG signed a revised long-term contract with Qatari LNG producer RasGas.The country’s appetite for LNG is expected to surge over the coming years driven by the demand in the gas-to-power sector and a push by the government to increase the usage of gas in the country’s overall energy mix.India currently imports LNG via Petronet’s Dahej and Kochi LNG terminals, Shell’s Hazira plant, and the Dabhol terminal operated by Ratnagiri Gas and Power.
*public markets *agricultural stores Gov. Florencio Miraflores issued ExecutiveOrder No. 20, series of 2020 on March 22, which enforces stricter preventivemeasures against the virus. The move immediately came after Western Visayasrecorded two positive cases of the COVID-19. The governor ordered the closure of allpublic and private offices, business and commercial establishments in theprovince, except for the following: On social media, Aklanons are callingfor assurances that their respective local government officials are “fullyprepared” at the height of the COVID-19 outbreak. *restaurants and fast food chain(takeout and delivery only) Personnel of the Kalibo Municipal police station implement strict curfew hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in its Area of Responsibility on March 21. This is one the measures of its municipal government in suppressing the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019. PNP KALIBO *public utilities (energy, power,telecommunications, water) *banks and non-bank financialinstitutions*gasoline stations, which includes stores selling liquefied petroleum gas*shipping and cargo handling companies In response to the fast spreading virus,Miraflores also placed an 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew to more than 600,000residents of Aklan. The ones exempted are emergency responders, medical staff,security services, and delivery personnel of agricultural, food and foodproducts. Residents are also rushing to localsupermarkets, drugstores, and superstores to stock up on both basic andessential supplies, along with prescribed medications that will last for up totwo weeks. *public and private transportation *funeral services Amid the overwhelming approaches thatCOVID-19 has caused, it is crucial to know the state of supply of the basic andprime commodities in this province for the next 30 days. KALIBO, Aklan – In a bid to suppress thespread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the province of Aklan hasbeen placed under “enhanced community quarantine” on March 23 until April 14. *pharmacies *water refilling stations Other establishments that are deemed essentialfor the health and welfare of the public are also allowed to operate. Thefollowing are: Market hours in this province are onlyfrom 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Normally at this time of the year, Boracay is at its peak of being invaded by tourists, most of whom are from mainland China.(With a report from Akean Forum/PN) The Aklanons are becoming increasinglyconcerned facing shortages on products such as fish, rice, corn, meat, chicken,pork, and medicines among others. *convenience stores *supermarkets The impact of tourism on the world-famous Boracay Island in Malay, Aklan due to the said virus, on the other hand, has been evident. *media establishments No alcohol may be served, consumed orsold also from March 23 to April 14 in any establishments.
Press Association He added: “It’s funny to see how both players compare. They grew up as strikers, but became wingers. Gareth was a left-back and moved to winger and now going to a more advanced role. Ronaldo is also able to play that role up front. “Ronaldo is now 28, and has achieved so much in his career, he is an example to Gareth as to what he can achieve.” Bale has excelled down the middle in Tottenham’s last two games, scoring decisive goals against West Brom and Norwich, so Villas-Boas appears set on playing his star man up front for the time being. “Gareth is such a phenomenal player that he is able to do that kind of role,” Villas-Boas said. “He has been scoring a crazy amount of goals coming in from the right wing or through the middle, rather than from the left or assisting from the left. So it means a player can explore his full potential through the middle. “The most important thing is to get the players feeling well about what they do for the team. And I think Gareth feels well in that position. If he’s able to fulfil his full potential it’s something we have to consider for the future. “We know that he has grown out on the left. On the left he becomes a different type of player. I’m not sure if it limits his full potential.” Bale is enjoying his best season of a short, yet dazzling career and the 23-year-old has become one of the most devastating wingers in European football. Now Bale’s career appears to be heading in a different direction. Villas-Boas has recently deployed the Welshman in a more central role, either as a number 10 in the hole or as an out-and-out striker. One of Bale’s idols, Ronaldo, spent the early stages of his career on the flank at Manchester United but now operates as a deadly centre-forward for Real Madrid, and Villas-Boas said: “You can see similarities in each of the players. Both of them are extremely technical players, and extremely powerful and pacy.” Andre Villas-Boas believes Gareth Bale can become Tottenham’s version of Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Lyoness Open begins this morning in Austria.Paul Dunne, Michael Hoey and Peter Lawrie are all in the field.Meanwhile, Padraig Harrington and Graeme McDowell will both be competing later this evening in the FedEx St. Jude Classic in Memphis.
Share StumbleUpon Camelot secures six-month National Lottery operating extension June 22, 2020 Share SAZKA faces scrutiny following appointment of Flint Global as National Lottery advisor August 20, 2020 STS completes takeover of Czech software provider Betsys July 7, 2020 Submit Related Articles Italy’s AAMS – Customs & Monopolies Agency has confirmed that Gruppo SISAL will maintain the concession of the SuperEnalotto weekly numbers lottery.The decision was confirmed by AAMS Secretary Dr Benedetto Mineo, who submitted an update through the government’s Official European Gazette to confirm that SISAL will maintain its position for a further nine years.AAMS’ decision is undertaken following a summer of upheaval in Italian politics, which saw a number of government agencies restructured in personnel, following the collapse of the Lega-5Star coalition government.This July, SISAL Chief Executive Emilio Petrone had disclosed that the company had won the SuperEnalotto tender, submitting a reported + €200 million tender, outmatching the offers of Italian competitor Lottomattica and Czech gambling conglomerate SAZKA Group.He said: “This represents an important decision for Sisal Group, the current holder of the SuperEnalotto concession, and confirms the assessment of the Award Committee, which last July 24 determined that the best bid was s submitted by Sisal, in the framework of a competitive tender process.”The Italian legacy gambling group, secures a further major tender win in 2019, having been selected by Turkey’s gambling commission and wealth fund as the lead operator servicing a ten-year contract to manage the Turkish National Lotteries through its newly formed Sisal-Şans joint venture.
According to Sky Sport, BH football player playing for the representation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) Sead Kolasinac will officially become the London Arsenal player in July.Kolasinac has previously refused to extend the contract with Schalke, which is to end in the current season. This gave the other clubs the ability to bring him as a free player, and many great clubs showed interest.According to Sky Sports writes, the main candidates were Juventus, Milan and Arsenal, and the BH defender selected the English club and the TopStar member from Emirates. Officially, he will become its player on July 1st.His move to Arsenal was also confirmed by the transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio.(Source: klix)