It has been more than six months since the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic.Since then, more people have been practicing the “3M” protocols: menggunakan masker (mask-wearing), mencuci tangan (handwashing) and menjaga jarak (social distancing). The protocols are considered to be effective at preventing person-to-person transmission of COVID-19, but not everyone has managed to maintain diligent compliance with them. A survey conducted by Statistics Indonesia (BPS) from Sept. 7 to 14 highlights a gender divide in the observance of COVID-19 health protocols.Involving 90,967 respondents from across the archipelago, the survey shows that women are more likely to comply with the health protocols than men.In the survey, 94.8 percent of women respondents said they wore a mask, compared to 88.5 percent of men respondents.Read also: Garuda paints masks on aircraft to support health campaignFurthermore, 80.1 percent of women respondents had been washing their hands with soap for around 20 seconds, while only 69.5 percent of men respondents did the same.Among the 3M protocols, the respondents found that social distancing was the hardest to practice, with only 77.5 percent of women respondents and 68.7 percent of men respondents saying they were applying the 1-meter physical distancing protocol.Among the reasons for not practicing the 3M protocols, 55 percent of respondents cited the lack of sanctions.Discussing the gender divide in 3M practices, the national COVID-19 task force’s behavior change division head, Sonny Harry B. Harmadi, said similar surveys had been conducted in April and July and had presented similar results, with women being more aware of the COVID-19 health protocols.When asked about the reasons, Sonny said women were closer to their family and more aware of the danger caused by COVID-19. He mentioned that it was among the reasons why the task force used “Ingat Pesan Ibu” (remember mother’s message) as a tagline for its COVID-19 prevention campaign.Read also: Mahfud MD asks artists, cultural practitioners to promote health protocols“[Women] know that they could spread the virus to their family members, leading them to follow the health protocols,” said Sonny during a virtual meeting on Friday.He also added that COVID-19 was often transmitted from the people near us, not from people outside our inner circles. Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection Minister Bintang Puspayoga also has urged families to avoid hosting or attending family gatherings, following the emergence of COVID-19 infection clusters in families.Indonesia has seen a continuously rising number of cases since March. As of Saturday, the country recorded 299,506 confirmed cases with 225,052 recoveries and 11,055 deaths. (jes) Editor’s note: This article is part of a public campaign by the COVID-19 task force (Satgas COVID-19) to raise people’s awareness about the pandemic.Topics :
Kheshapornam Empedrad Ramachandran ofIloilo City and Sharamie Apuli Solocio of Santa Barbara, Iloilo were the firstand second runners up, respectively. BY EDENBERG NIELO Among the judges were Miss Universe2011 third runner up Shamcey Supsup-Lee and Binibining Pilipinas 2018 firstrunner up Vickie Marie Rushton. ILOILO City – One is a firm believer in education as a ticket to success. Another champions protecting Mother Earth while another bats for more focus on mental health. The Miss Iloilo, according to the citygovernment and Iloilo Festivals Foundation, Inc., replaced the Miss Dinagyangbeauty pageant that for many years chose the city’s ambassadress of goodwill. Mateo was also declared “Best inTalent” last night in an engaging and fast-paced pageant – a far cry from lastyear’s long, dragging and boring show that ended at nearly 3 a.m. Last night’sprogram ended just a little past 9:30 p.m. “As an educator, I want people to seeeducation the way that I see it – a golden ticket to success. Knowledge is andalways will be power, wherever you are, whoever you’re with. If you areknowledgeable you will excel and become successful,” according to Mateo. She will be supported in her journeyto Miss Philippines World 2020 competition, according to the organizers of theMiss Iloilo 2020 that have made it their goal to have Ilongga representativesin national and international beauty pageants every year “and to show the worldthe true Ilongga heartfelt beauty.” On the other hand, 24-year-old KarenLaurrie Bano Mendoza of Concepcion, Iloilo was declared Miss Iloilo-BinibiningPilipinas 2020. At the start of last night’s pageantwhich kicked off at 7:30 p.m., 11 candidates were given the opportunity toexpound on their advocacies. “The crowns of Miss Iloilo 2020 canpromote the global community because first and foremost, Miss Iloilo issearching for an Ilongga who will depict Iloilo City – the city of love – the malambing na mga Ilonggos and that, weare known for our food, devotion and love. Food because of the delicacies andthe La Paz batchoy that hardworking and creative Ilonggos make. Devotionbecause of the Santo Niño,” Palmares said as she consumed the 30-second Q&Atime limit. “If I were to be crowned tonight, itwill be such an honor to bring to the global community our very own hablon which represents dedication, hardwork and creative side of every Ilonggo. Aside from that, I want to show to theworld that I am a queen today because of my province and with that being said,I want to prove to everyone that I am a true Ilongga with a heartfelt beauty,”Mateo said during the question and answer portion. “Miss Iloilo radiates genuineheartfelt beauty. We are not only beauty here on stage but also with a purpose.We can create small effects (but with) positive ripples of change. We are notonly wearing a crown in our head but also with our heart,” Mendoza said whenasked of how the crowns of Miss Iloilo 2020 promote Iloilo in the globalcommunity. . “Mother Earth has provided us ourdaily needs. She has taken good care of us. It is time we give back and takegood care of her, too,” according to Palmares who stands 5 feet and 7 inchestall. She will be the official Iloiloscreening candidate for the Binibining Pilipinas 2020 beauty pageant. In last night’s glitzy Miss Iloilo2020 at the West Visayas State University Cultural Center, these three “beautywith a purpose” young ladies got the judges’ nod to be crowned the new queensof Iloilo. “Show someone who are struggling frommental illness that life is wonderful. Let’s assure them that they can do it,and they don’t have to do it alone,” according to Mendoza. The 20-year-old Ann Roxal DedelPalmares of Mandurriao district was crowned the pioneering MissIloilo-World. ILONGGA BEAUTIES. The winners of last night’s Miss Iloilo 2020 at the West Visayas State University Cultural Center flash megawatt smiles. From left: second runner-up Sharamie Apuli Solocio; Miss Iloilo-Binibining Pilipinas 2020 Karen Laurrie Bano Mendoza; Miss Iloilo-Universe 2020 Rabiya Occeña Mateo; Miss Iloilo-World 2020 Ann Roxal Dedel Palmares; and first runner-up Kheshapornam Empedrad Ramachandran. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN Ramachandran was declared “Best inSwimwear” and “Best in Evening Gown”. The 23-year-old Rabiya Occena Mateo ofthis city and Sampaloc, Manila made history by being crowned the first MissIloilo-Universe. Miss Iloilo 2020 was directed byrespected Ilonggo theater director, artist and University of the Philippinesprofessor Kevin Pison Piamonte./PN At 5 feet and 6 inches tall, Mateowill be Iloilo’s official screening candidate to the Miss Universe Philippines2020 competition, announced the pageant host, celebrity Robi Domingo.
The Oldenburg Academy Twisters were 9-5 winners over The Trinity Lutheran Cougars in Baseball action.OA-221 202 0. 9-12-1TL-112 100 0. 5-11-4OA Batting.Bischoff 2-6, run, rbi, doubleHurm 3-4, 2 runs, bbAaron Huber 2-5, run, 2 rbiSam Gast 2-4, 2 runs, doubleTanner Alley 1-3, run, rbi, bbCory Schuman 1-4, rbiTyler Hesselbrock 0-2, 2 runs, bb, hbpTyler Hogg 1-4, double, rbiBryce Ahaus 0-3, sac buntOA Pitching.Matty Hurm 7 IP, 5 runs, 4 earned, 11 hits, 6 k, 3 bb, hbp WinVarsity record: 11-6Next Game: 5/7/15 vs. Milan
Helen Louise Bruner, 75, Osgood, Indiana, passed away on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at the Manderley Health Care Center in Osgood. Born July 31, 1943 in Metamora, Indiana, she was the daughter of James and Ida McMillan. She and her siblings, Mary Louella, Roy Allen, Hazel Mae, Alvin Ray, and Brenda Lea grew up in Metamora. She was married to Lloyd Kennedy in 1961, gave birth to Laurie Lynnette and widowed in 1963. She then married Kenneth Bruner in 1964 and gave birth to Lisha Yvette, Mary Dianne, Kimberly Dawn, and Elizabeth Ann. She became a Master Cosmetologist and was an entrepreneur, owning her own salon until retirement. She loved to sew, crafts, and take trips to the beach, collect “Gone with the Wind” memorabilia, and spend time with her family. Weezie was a funny, smart, and beautiful soul: truly a class act. She loved a good prank and could dish it out as well as take it. With an unshakeable faith in the grace and goodness of God she was the heart of our family. Her devotion to her children was beyond compare and we will miss her forever. Louise is survived by her husband, Kenneth Bruner, Osgood; daughters, Laurie (Edgar) Swain, Newport News, VA, Lisha Bruner, Loganville GAS, Mary (Raees) Pirani, Snellville, GA, Kimberly (Chris) Shearer, Alpharetta, GA; sisters, Hazel (Ed) Shell, Brookville, Brenda Tomlin, Connersville; brother, Alvin (Emma) McMillan, Brookville; grandchildren, Lee Stephen, Blake Sweat, Christopher Bruner, KJ Stephen, Joshua Pirani, Garrett Bruner, Benton (Georgia) Bruner, Kayla Stephen; 13 great grandchildren, 12 nieces and nephews. Louise was preceded in death by her parents, sister, Mary Lou Cox; brother, Roy McMillan; daughter, Elizabeth Ann Bruner. Visitation will be held on Friday from 10 to 11:00 a.m. at the Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg. Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 14, 2018 at the funeral home with Pastor Dan May officiating. Memorials may be made in Weezie’s honor to the Alzheimer’s Association at alz.org. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.com
Barcelona superstars Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez were caught on camera holidaying in Ibiza following the conclusion of the 2019-20 La Liga season. Barcelona boss Quique Setien revealed this week he would allow his squad some time off before returning to full training ahead of their Champions League tie with Napoli on August 8. Promoted ContentWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-FlowBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks Loading… La Blaugrana’s poor end to their domestic campaign has seen the pressure grow on Setien, with reports continuing to grow that he could be sacked before the start of the 2020-21 campaign. However, despite the growing pressure on their manager, Messi and Suarez took full advantage of their break, according to reports from the front page of Friday’s edition of El Mundo Deportivo.Advertisement Read Also: Leroy Sane reveals EPL club Havertz will join this summer Both players are expected to start against Gennaro Gattuso’s side at the Camp Nou, with French international Antoine Griezmann still doubtful with a thigh problem. The former Atletico Madrid star netted in the first leg 1-1 draw against the Serie A giants back in February, however, he could be replaced by Ansu Fati, if he fails to recover enough in time to return next month. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
RelatedPosts Napoli Coach: Osimhen young lad with old brain Live stream Premier League, La Liga, Serie A on Showmax Pro this weekend Juve’s Pirlo gamble makes new Serie A season the most open for years Nigerian international, Victor Osimhen, has reportedly rejected a transfer move to Serie A club side Napoli.The Italian club joined AC Milan, Inter Milan and Liverpool in battle for his signature but the player is not keen about the move to Italy according to a competent source. “Napoli have slight edge over other clubs to land Victor (Osimhen) because the owner of Lille and the Italian club are best of friends and that could make the transfer deal move sail through in good time. Osimhen however has told the club management about his desire to remain in France for another season,” our source disclosed.Speaking further, the source, who craved anonymity, added that the player has also been advised to avoid joining top European clubs were he would be confined to the bench.“Some Nigeria Football Federation bigwigs have advised him to ensure he remain in France in order it have playing time.”Napoli reportedly submitted €60 million bid for the player as they may have to replace a striker this summer.Osimhen replaced Nicolas Pepé who scored 22 goals in the last Ligue 1 before moving to Arsenal this season. The report also claimed Milan and Inter are closely monitoring Osimhen’s situation in France.Tags: AC MilanNapoliSerie AVictor Osimhen
THE Guyana Amateur Swimming Association (GASA) has shot down rumours of favouritism surrounding its selection of Paul Mahaica for the role of coach for Guyana’s swim contingent at the Rio Olympics. In a comment to Chronicle Sport, GASA president Ivan Persaud stated “Paul Mahaica was chosen through a democratic process of voting.”“Many persons wanted Shyka Gonsalves to be the coach. However, she received less votes than Paul,” continued Persaud.Among the conflicts were statements regarding Paul, whom many viewed as inexperienced, compared with other suitable candidates. Persaud also addressed the statement, countering with the fact that Paul Mahaica is the National Swim Team coach.He also stated that Mahaica would be coaching the Guyana Goodwill Games Swim contingent scheduled to compete in St Lucia on August 19.
If true, this would mean he avoided paying the top tax rate, which at the time stood at 45 per cent.There are four charges levelled against him, El Pais claims, which could amount to 10 and a half years behind bars and a fine of €14m.Additionally, his agent at the time, Josep Maria Mesalles, would also stand trial if the reported prosecution effort is accepted.Eto’o is not the first star associated with the Camp Nou club to come under scrutiny for his tax returns, with Lionel Messi handed a 21-month suspended prison sentence in July after being found guilty of tax evasion. The Ballon d’Or winner only avoided time behind bars due to his previously clean criminal record.Currently, Neymar is accused of similar charges, and on Wednesday the prosecutor requested that he be sentenced to two years in jail if he is found guilty.Like Messi, Neymar is unlikely to find himself in prison, even if the charges against him are found to have substance due to lacking previous convictions.Eto’o spent five successful seasons at Barca between 2004 and 2009, during which time he scored 129 goals for the club in 201 appearances. He was a key figure for Frank Rijkaard’s men as they claimed the European Cup in 2006, scoring the equaliser in a 2-1 victory over Arsenal, and won African Footballer of the Year twice while at Camp Nou.After leaving Barca, he won the Champions League at Inter before high-profile moves to Anzhi and Chelsea. Since leaving Stamford Bridge he has turned out for Everton, Sampdoria and current side Antalyaspor.He has scored three goals in eight outings for the Super Lig strugglers this term but missed their previous fixture against Trabzonspor due to a foot injury.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Samuel Eto’o could face a jail sentence of over 10 years, according to respected Spanish newspaper El Pais, which reports that a Spanish prosecutor is pursuing the striker for alleged tax fraud while at Barcelona.The former Cameroon international striker, 35, who is currently playing for Antalyaspor in Turkey, has been accused of fraud that could amount up to €3.46 million.Eto’o is alleged to have been accused of failing to declare his sponsorship revenues, including those from a major boot manufacturer, to the authorities when filing his tax returns between 2006 and 2009.
Comments Syracuse takes on Penn State in its season opener at 3:30 p.m. today at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Hang around here for live updates from football beat writers Stephen Bailey, David Wilson and Trevor Hass, and the rest of The Daily Orange sports staff. Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on August 31, 2013 at 2:38 pm
USC coach Jovan Vavic and the USC women’s water polo team enter this weekend’s Mountain Pacific Sports Federation postseason play ranked second in the nation. After spending the previous two months as the country’s top team, the amount of pressure on their shoulders hasn’t changed — for better or worse.Big test · Senior utility Forel Davies and the Women of Troy will be faced with a tough MPSF tournament when they travel to Spieker Aquatic Center on UCLA’s campus. – Gary Fung | Daily Trojan When now-No. 1 Stanford topped the Women of Troy 7-6 in overtime Saturday, the Cardinal knocked USC from its perch atop the water polo world. The Women of Troy had won 19 consecutive matches before the game. But the players still expect their opponents to approach them as if they had never lost.“We’ve been a target throughout the season and will remain one,” said senior two-meter Kami Craig, the team captain. “I believe we’ll stand up to that challenge.”The Women of Troy — defending MPSF champions — will make the short trip to UCLA’s Spieker Aquatic Center from Friday through Sunday. The opening round in the eight-team tournament will pit them against seventh-seeded San Diego State in a 10 a.m. Friday match-up. A win in that game would propel them into the semifinals against either No. 3 seed California or No. 6 seed San Jose State on Saturday. The championship game will be held Sunday, and the winner will get an automatic bid to the NCAA championships.Vavic made clear that his team did not execute its game plan against Stanford, as the Trojans squandered many opportunities to put the Cardinal away. Vavic told his players that they were neither outcoached nor bested by a more talented squad — they were just unfocused and unprepared for Stanford’s intensity.“Our overall focus on the game was bad,” Craig said. “We need to be better on transition defense. Offensively, we need to finish opportunities when we create them. They came out with more intensity this time because they wanted to impress their fans on their Senior Day.”Although the Cardinal and Women of Troy draw much of the attention in the MPSF tournament, there are other teams hungry to knock off these two behemoths. The No. 13 Aztecs competed with USC in March but fell 9-4; the Women of Troy outscored Cal 17-9 in two matches and San Jose State 13-6 in February but couldn’t blow either team out.“We can’t overlook anyone — Cal, Hawai’i, UCLA,” Craig said. “When it comes down to it, it’s anyone’s games. Teams have nothing to lose, so they go for it.”