The free community event featured dance competitions, rugby quizzes and entertainment by local band The Clan, who entertained the crowd with famous covers and original songs.As proud broadcasters of the upcoming NRL season, Digicel PNG CEO, Maurice McCarthy said it was fantastic to see Mt Hagen residents enjoy the fun community event.“Digicel has proudly hosted three NRL in the Park events since late January and it’s been thrilling to see the events be so well-received by the local towns” he said.“The success of the Hagen event highlights PNG’s love of NRL and is helping to build excitement for the upcoming season throughout the country.“The Digicel Play Box is selling fast in the regions as NRL fans purchase in preparation for viewing the games at home, when the live broadcast begins on Digicel Play.”Digicel’s Top Up & Win promotion also proved to be popular on the day, with many purchasing the K3.30 and K5.50 flex cards as well as Alcatel handsets for K49 and portable solars for K79.The next NRL in the Park will be held at Goroka this Sunday 14 February.Further events will take place at Madang (Saturday 20 February), Buka (Saturday 27 February) and Kokopo (Saturday 27 February).
SPURS (4-2-3-1)LLORIS,WALKER, ALDERWIRELD, VERTONGHEN, ROSE,DIER, MASON,LAMELA, ALLI, ERIKSEN,KANESOUTHAMPTON (4-1-3-2)LONG,TADIC, DAVIS, MANE,CLASIE, WANYAMA,BERTRAND, VAN DIJK, FONTE, MARTINA,FORSTERAfter the disappointment of Monday night, when Tottenham Hotspur drew 2-2 at Chelsea and with that stalemate saw their final hopes of winning the Barclays Premier League come to an end, they return for their final home game of the season.The incentive for Spurs now is to try and finish in second place. If they beat Southampton and Arsenal fail to win at Manchester City, they will be guaranteed that second spot.And if they do confirm the runners-up spot it will be their best ever finish in the Premier League and highest since they were second in 1962-63 in the old First Division.Spurs are now unbeaten in their last eight games in the Premier League games while they last lost at White Hart Lane in January against league champions Leicester City.Southampton, meanwhile, have lost just once in their last eight in the league – and that was also against Leicester, in April.But their record at White Hart Lane is poor. They have lost on their last four visits and last won there in September 2003.
…find cooking station laden with flies, rodentsUnsanitary food preparation and handling have resulted in the closure of a Chinese restaurant at Bagotville, West Bank Demerara, after food inspectors conducted an examination of the facility.Guyana Times understands that the restaurant was visited by inspectors last week, where alarming discoveries were unearthed. Ingredients and cooked items were stored improperly and the preparation was deemed unfit for consumption. The cooking station was also laden with flies and rodents.While only one establishment was ordered to close their operations, other facilities were visited and almost similar conditions were found. Businesses on the West Bank and West Coast of Demerara were given impromptu visits and were asked to improve some operating conditions so as to continue selling cooked food items to the public. In one instance, expired beverages were being marketed to customers.Just a few weeks ago, a prominent food establishment on Sheriff Street, Georgetown, was forced to close its operations until hygienic standards were met.In April, Director of the Government Analyst Food and Drug Department (GA-FDD) Marlan Cole explained that restaurants have come under scrutiny for the quality of foods they prepare and sell to locals. As such, a survey was conducted in the capital city.Although the survey was only conducted on restaurants in Georgetown, he assured that annual inspections would be conducted on all restaurants across the country by the GA-FDD’s health officers in all 10 administrative regions.Moreover, those officers will also begin investigating if a complaint is made against a food establishment.“The public health officers in the regions would do the inspections at the Chinese restaurants and I believe it’s annual inspections and for the city, it would be done by the City Public Health Department…if there is a complaint, an investigation can be launched,” Cole stated.According to him, the survey focused on the environmental conditions of the restaurant inclusive of the air and water quality, the sanitation of the restaurants’ surfaces and utensils and more importantly, sanitation of the hands of the workers.
– 4 in custodyBy Bhisham MohamedDays after receiving a sound trashing at a wake-house in Industry, East Coast Demerara, a painter succumbed to his injuries at the Georgetown Public Hospital.Hetram Ramchand, 39, of Lot 51 Crown Dam Industry, East Coast Demerara, was beaten on Friday evening, and succumbed on Sunday evening.Dead, Hetram RamchandBased on reports received, he had attended a wake in the village, and had been part of a gathering looking at a few men gambling. After the game of cards was over, an argument ensued among the players for money owned to each other. One of the players was a relative of Ramchand’s. This newspaper understands that the argument turned into a confrontation and then a scuffle. Ramchand, in a bid to defend his cousin, was lashed to the head, and fell to the ground.The mob then turned on him, and dealt him a sound trashing for intervening. The men were subsequently put out of the wake-house.Based on reports received, the injured Hetram Ramchand was escorted by a nephew to the Sparendaam Police Station to lodge a complaint, but while doing so, the sons of two popular businessmen in the community turned up and claimed that they had been assaulted by Ramchand. The two men were sent to the Georgetown Public Hospital to seek medical attention, but the trashed Ramchand was placed in the lockups.Speaking with Guyana Times, Pooran Ramchand, father of the late Hetram Ramchand, explained that his son had been kept in the cell until Saturday evening, before he was taken to the hospital.“Is after he catch a ‘fits’ because of the beating to the head (that) the police chain he and carry he to the hospital… Meh son dead while they had he chain to the bed,” the distraught man lamented.The angry father recalled receiving a telephone call from the police at about 03:00h on Saturday, informing him that his son was involved in “lil story” and had been arrested.“They never tell me that meh son was beaten and that he was at the wake when the fight bruk out… They never tell me that was meh nephew carry he to the police station…Them police know who does give them money, and they got to do everything to protect them people”, he charged.It was not until he arrived at the police station that he realized how badly his son had been beaten. He contended that although the family had requested for the painter to be sent for medical attention, the Police officer in charge had refused to so do. As such, he is blaming the Police for his son’s death, and is calling on acting Police Commissioner David Ramnarine to look into the matter.In addition, he is asking Public Security Minister Khemraj Ramjattan to intervene, so that some sort of justice can be given to the aggrieved family.The Police, in a release, stated that four men have been arrested and are assisting with the investigations.Ramchand’s body is at the GPHC morgue awaiting a post mortem.He leaves to mourn his parents and two siblings.
Wayne Rooney’s best position is as a striker – not a midfielder, insists Gary Neville.The Manchester United star has been playing in a deeper role in recent weeks under Louis van Gaal, but as a result his form has dipped.And with the England international returning to his usual role further forward against Swansea City, his former team-mate insisted that is where Rooney should remain.“I don’t think midfield is Wayne Rooney’s best position,” United legend Neville told Drivetime.“I think what happened at Man United earlier on in the season was he was put there out of necessity because of injuries and he’s ended up staying there.“Now he seems to have gone back [to being a forward] and I certainly think he’s better up top.”
Pablo Zabaleta has officially signed for West Ham Pablo Zabaleta has signed for West Ham on a free transfer, the Premier League club have confirmed.The 32-year-old Argentina full-back arrives in east London from Manchester City, where his contract expired at the end of the 2016/17 season.He has penned a two-year deal with the Hammers, and will officially link up with Slaven Bilic’s side on July 1.Zabaleta made more than 200 appearances for City following a move from Espanyol in 2008.During his time at the Etihad Stadium, the full-back won the Premier League twice as well as the 2011 FA Cup and two League Cups.The 32-year-old revealed he turned down offers from Italy, Spain and also elsewhere in England to sign up with the Hammers.Zabaleta is confident he can continue to deliver following his move to the London Stadium.“Sometimes a new challenge is all you need as a person and as a player. I thought my time at City was done. It has been a fantastic nine years, absolutely brilliant,” he said.“Manchester City gave me the opportunity to come to this wonderful league, the Premier League, something I’ve been enjoying a lot as a player. And, of course, for me it was probably the right time to move on.“Also, as a player, I thought I wanted to keep playing in the Premier League.“For me, after being in this country for so long, this is a new challenge for me in the Premier League and I’m ready for it and looking forward to it.”Zabaleta is the first major summer signing by Irons boss Bilic, who is determined to improve the squad next season as the east London club look to build on a mid-table finish.West Ham confirmed on Thursday the departures of Alvaro Arbeloa, Jonathan Calleri and Gokhan Tore. 1
The South African chapter of the BRICS Business Council will host the group’s Mid-Term meeting in Johannesburg, Montecasino’s Pivot Conference, on 3-4 April 2019. The meeting will also mark the handing over of the rotating chair of the Council to Brazil.The two-day meeting will be held under the theme “BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution”.The meeting will be attended by approximately 300 delegates, government leaders from the BRICS member countries, including the economic bloc’s captains of industry and domestic and international opinion makers.Delegates will participate in the nine working groups in areas of:Infrastructure;Manufacturing;Financial Services;Energy and Green Economy;Skills Development;Agri-Business;Digital Economy;Regional Aviation; and,Deregulation.During the announcement of the newly constituted South Africa BRICS Business Council in March, council chairperson Busi Mabuza said: “We are looking forward to assisting in ensuring that the Working Groups are representative and inclusive of business organisations as well as relevant business entities and that they actively articulate business sector and organizational interest, in the interest of furthering trade and investment objectives of the nation.”She also said: “We believe that this is pivotal to the success of the BRICS Business Council’s mandate”. ENDS.MEDIA ENQUIRIES:Tshepo IkanengMobile No: 0795738283RSVP : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.comIssued by Brand South Africa on behalf of the South Africa BRICS Business Council.
nick statt The owners of Hulu, the video streaming site that brings you same-day programming from a slew of major broadcast and cable-TV networks, have decided not to sell the company following weeks of speculation over which tech or media giant might scoop it up.To reaffirm their faith in its future—and allow Hulu to bid against well-capitalized competitors like Amazon and Netflix for video rights—21st Century Fox, NBCUniversal and The Walt Disney Company will be investing $750 million in new cash into Hulu, according to a joint announcement Friday morning. The company had reportedly been valued between $1 and $2 billion while major players like Yahoo and DirecTV reportedly toyed with the idea of acquiring it. Because the recapitalization doesn’t change Hulu’s ownership structure, it’s not clear what Hulu is now worth.We know this much, though: Hulu has over 400 content partners and 30 million monthly unique visitors—4 million of whom pay for the Hulu Plus subscription service. So the corporate backers of Hulu see more upside in owning the video-streaming service, and keeping their bet on digital distribution, than divesting their stakes. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Related Posts Tags:#acquisition#Hulu#now#online video#Streaming video Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
The reason Apple was able to take on the PC was that Apple made beautiful products that were not plagued with the challenges of the PC—and at a higher price point. At the time Apple executed this strategy, you could buy a PC or a laptop for a few hundred bucks, and Apple offered you a MacBook Pro at something close to the highest price available.Apple did not go the market with the pitch, “We are just like a PC but cheaper.” They went to the market with, “We are different, and we are better, and people are switching.” Then they ambushed unsuspecting shoppers by popping up retail stores that drew people in to look at their products, products that looked much better designed than PCs, even if those old Apple designs can’t match Apple now.It’s important to understand the elasticity of price and general strategy. Pitching that you are just like your competitor but cheaper is an admission that you are investing even less in what you provide than their current provider, that you are making even greater concessions. This is why “Me too, but for a few bucks less” only attracts the population of clients or customers who mistake price for value.Another segment of the market, a larger segment in many markets, isn’t interested in maintaining the status quo and all the challenges they are experiencing. These clients and customers will pay more to eliminate those challenges and produce better results. It can be difficult to believe, but it is true that people who are willing to change for better results are also willing to pay a little more to obtain them.If you have a compelling, differentiated offering that happens to have a higher price than your competitors and alternatives, you should embrace the advantage this provides you as a salesperson. Instead of avoiding the investment conversation and withholding your price as long as possible, you are better off leading with it, promising what you provide is better than what they are experiencing now—and worth the greater financial investment. Essential Reading! Get my first book: The Only Sale Guide You’ll Ever Need “The USA Today bestseller by the star sales speaker and author of The Sales Blog that reveals how all salespeople can attain huge sales success through strategies backed by extensive research and experience.” Buy Now
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s much-publicised ‘Gaurav Yatra’ has seemingly lost its steam after Gujjars’ threat to disrupt it in Bharatpur division and the High Court’s notice on a public interest litigation alleging that public money was being spent on it. The Yatra was suspended last week following the death of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.BJP State president Madan Lal Saini has announced that the Yatra’s second leg will start in Jodhpur division on August 24. The Yatra will bypass the Assembly segments in eastern Rajasthan where Gujjars have been holding protests demanding 5% reservation and withdrawal of police cases against the community members who were detained during the previous agitations.‘Joint struggle’ Ahead of the Yatra in the Jodhpur region, Gujjar supremo Kirori Singh Bainsla visited the city on Sunday and addressed events where the demand for reservation for Rebari and Rajput communities was raised. Col. Bainsla said the socially backward communities would wage a “joint struggle” to get their rights and accused the ruling BJP of going back on its promises.Amid indications that the BJP has skipped the Bharatpur division fearing Gujjars’ protest, Col. Bainsla said the Yatra would be opposed in Jodhpur as well. The State government had earlier invited Gujjars to Jaipur to discuss their demands with a Cabinet sub-committee, but only a splinter group led by Himmat Singh attended the talks, adding to the prevailing confusion.The Congress, which plans to start its own ‘Sankalp Yatra’ from Chittorgarh on August 24, has launched a frontal attack on Ms. Raje’s Yatra and demanded its immediate cancellation, alleging that it is misusing the government funds. Pradesh Congress president Sachin Pilot said on Monday that tenders were being invited for the ‘Gaurav Yatra’ programmes even after the matter had gone to the High Court.‘Unethical march’ While Mr. Pilot described the Yatra as Ms. Raje’s “unethical march” when the farmers in the State were committing suicide, AICC general secretary Ashok Gehlot said the misuse of public money through government officials, engineers and contractors was unprecedented. The PIL in the High Court has been listed for hearing on Tuesday. After the State government informed the court that the orders issued on August 1 to the PWD to make arrangements for the Yatra had been withdrawn, the court has asked the BJP to submit the details of expenses incurred.Meanwhile, Rajputs and the Jats are planning to hold parallel events in Jodhpur division.